DC Comics Q-Master Diorama Batman: Family
39cm Mini Figures
Out of stock
Batman, the ultimate loner, is paradoxically all about family. You can see it in everything he does, everything he is. The death of his family made him. He fights to make sure no one else ever has to suffer the loss of loved ones like he did. And despite his protests to the contrary, he is forever building family around him.
That’s what QMx Creative Director Mohammad Haque endeavored to capture in this figure, titled simply “Family”. He wanted to explore this little discussed, but key aspect of the Batman character: That of family man. The result is the biggest, most detailed figural diorama QMx has ever made, the first in a new series of large format dioramas called “Q-Master.” Family stands over 15 inches tall and has six different characters included in the diorama. It encompasses the entire history of Batman’s relationships in crime fighting, including all his various proteges. Each sidekick is represented in this piece, with their positioning and expressions reflecting their personalities and relationships with Batman:
– Jockeying for position over Batman’s right shoulder, Damian Wayne (Robin) and Jason Todd (Red Hood) battle with each other and try to get Batman’s attention. They lack the motivation and nobility that drives Batman, but very much want to live up to their training and the legacy of the Dark Knight.
– Tim Drake (Red Robin) sits on Batman’s left shoulder and holds one of his cowl’s ears. Tim, a great detective in his own right, seeks Batman’s approval and fatherly guidance.
– Barbara Gordon (Batgirl) sits on Batman’s right arm and shares a playful look with him. Unlike his other partners, Barbara already has a strong father figure in Police Commissioner James Gordon. But in Batman, Batgirl sees a mentor who can teach her a different kind of crimefighting.
– Dick Grayson (Nightwing, formerly Robin) looks over Batman’s left shoulder. He was the first member of Batman’s family and he sees Bruce Wayne for the man he truly is. Nightwing is cool and confident, no longer looking for approval from Batman, but still finding inspiration in the Dark Knight as he follows his own path.
Q-Master is an evolution of the Q-Fig style, mixing both super-deformed and realistic elements. But don’t be fooled – those sidekicks may look like Q-Figs, but they’re actually 50% bigger!
Family is cast in Everstone, a proprietary high-temperature polyresin developed by QMx. Everstone offers discerning collectors everything they look for in a high-quality figure: great durability, precise detail and solid weight that resists fading and fracture.
As with all Q-Master dioramas, Family is a limited edition figure and will come with a numbered Certificate of Authenticity signed by it’s creator, Mohammad Hague. It will ship in a specially designed collectors box to perfectly protect the diorama.
– Statue: 20.32 x 11.43 x 39.37 cm
– Base: 41 x 18 cm